Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Pope My Ride

I discovered today that Pope Benedict XVI has started a blog to track his papal experiences. He has some interesting ideas on ways to really capitalize on his new office, including a couple of MTV shows to really reach out to the youth of the world.

Here's the pitch for Pope My Ride:

"This is a show where I would visit someone’s house and get their car all tricked up with Roman Catholic paraphernalia. I’d get them bulletproof glass (just like my pope mobile) and then get little statues of saints all over their front hood. I’ll even bless their motor oil. I’ll make sure their ride is Poped-out."

Sadly, the Pope tells us a few days later that MTV passed on the show. Welcome to the biz, man.

Reader Note: I believe Pope Benedict does not use bulletproof glass on his vehicle. We may have our first clue that this blog is not, in fact, run by the real Pope.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, my freshman year boyfriend Jean-Marie would be the first to volunteer for this show.

He had candles for all the saints and crucifixes around his room as well as a poster of "the Popes from History." He also thought it was necessary to drag me to midnight mass after we had been drinking at Happy Hour. Which is possibly why priests still scare me...other than that whole child-molestation thing.

My gifts to him while we dated: A rosary from Paris and a T-shirt that said "Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you are an a**hole."

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were the pope, would you blog in Latin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home