Monday, May 02, 2005

Kung Fu Hustle

I saw a great movie this weekend that I highly recommend - Kung Fu Hustle. It's really quite good.

Regarding the film's use of CG (that's Industry for computer-generated special effects), reviewer Andrew Sun from the Hollywood Reporter informs us, and I can confirm that "While everyone else tries to make the CG look realistic, he goes bonkers with over-the-top kicks, punches and other maneuvers that are so unreal, they are downright cartoonish." (emphasis added).

Weeks ago I promised I would provide an exposition my current interest in the word "downright". Well, I'm not ready to provide that essay just yet, and although my interest in that word has waned somewhat in recent days, I will discuss it soon.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is cg the term they use in the academy?

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Stephen Chow belives in entertainment or art over realism, an argument that could turn into some retarded diatribe. He just plain knocks your socks off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home