Monday, May 09, 2005

Larry David Voices Enthusiasm For John Bolton

In today's Huffington Post, Larry David (of Seinfeld HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm fame) supports the nomination of John Bolton, voicing a pronounced empathy for those with experience in dealing with incompetent underlings. Mr. David reports the following dialogue with an assistant who prepared his coffee with too much milk:

"You stupid ignoramus," I screamed, doing all I could to restrain myself from tossing the luke-warm liquid in her face. “There's too much freaking (I didn’t say freaking) milk in here! What the freak is wrong with you?!”

“I’m sorry, sir,” she stammered. Like sorry’s going to fix everything. I’m not interested in sorry. Sorry doesn’t cut it with me.

“Look, you idiot,” I continued, “I wouldn’t mind so much if you gave me too little milk. Little can be fixed. We can add to little.”

“Shall I get you another cup?”

“No, I’ll suck on my thumb. Yes, get me another cup, you douche bag! And chew on this -- it’s going to cost you a dollar!”

Reader Note: While I was not incorrect, it was slightly deceptive, or misleading, for me to refer to the source as simply "today's Huffington Post", as today is the Huffington Post's first day of publication, a moderately notable Blog Event. It may have been more appropriate to begin this post with "In its opening day of publication, The Huffington Post reports..." followed by some discussion of that blog's launch. Consider, though, that this phrasing might have carried the implication that Larry David's article was substantively related to the launch of The Huffington Post, which it was not (it simply happened to appear today).

This phraseological pondering is not itself significant in relation to the post in question (this one), but I think it is important for you, the loyal if not dwindling company of PositiveMode devotees, to be reminded that I put great care into conveying information as accurately as possible. I take that as one of my blogo-ethical duties, which I hold despite a prominent view that bloggers do not owe the same duties of journalistic ethics as, well, journalists (link to yesterday's Sunday New York Times editorial).

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://aoaurlwd.com/hpen/sddf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ecskftfa.com/flew/auqa.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://aoaurlwd.com/hpen/sddf.html | http://tslbfkub.com/lcti/vbcl.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home