Monday, May 02, 2005

Links Update

I've made several additions to the Links section without comment, so I suppose it is about time I account for said changes ("said [whatever]" is an often-misused phrase, but I think I've used it correctly here. Comments are appreciated).

The Darth Side: A hilarious diary by the Dark Lord himself, describing his galactic travails complicated by the incompetence of his subordinates and his malfunctioning robot leg. Helmet tip: Port McClellan

Eric Umansky: This is a somewhat untested (by me) blog by an author whose entries I used to enjoy on Slate's Today's Papers (TP is a convenient one-page daily summary of what the major newspapers are covering (or not covering); I still have it delivered to my email but rarely read it anymore).

Daily Kos: The uberblog of the political left - and also by far the most-visited blog on the internet, according to Truth Laid Bear's Traffic Rankings. I read it occasionally, although there's too much there to fully digest it all.

Howard Stern: My favorite radio show, and a good website full of news and discussion of the show, lewd photographs (though the most "intimate" areas are clouded-over), and links to anti-FCC and other (sometimes) dissident political news and commentary.

PortMcClellan: An excellent blog run by one of my roommates, which like ports of old, is a center for spirited debate on a variety of wide-ranging topics, and the trade of ivory, tobacco, and wineskins.

Power Whine: Although I generally try to keep the discussion of politics on PositiveMode in check, or at least restrict it to topics in the sidestream or obscurestream, this site is a necessary antidote (if only for my own good temperament) to the sophist squawkbox that is Powerline. The authors have assumed a Blog Role of responding directly to most of the outrageous right-wing propagandrivel set forth by a site that is sadly quite highly ranked in the blogosphere (lest you accuse me of improperly utilizing "propaganda" in this latest example of my wordcoinery, I will discuss the meaning of that word in an upcoming post).

Rosenblog: Run by Matt Rosenberg No. 2 (not the proprietor of NegativeMode), an apparent ex-hippie neocon, I generally disagree with his views but somehow feel compelled to direct you his way, at least for the time being.

The Truth Laid Bear: I'm not yet quite sure what to make of this site (that is, I'm not sure what its general concept it is; though I suppose you level substantially the same criticism about PositiveMode, harmonizing of Theology and Geometry notwithstanding) but I like its author's ethos. Plus, it seems to have the most thorough and accurate Blog Rankings out there, although PositiveMode is not yet listed. Keep your fingers crossed.

Volokh Conspiracy: Another highly-ranked right-leaning blog, I was compelled to list this one upon reading a post by the blog's namesake, Eugene Volokh, briefly discussing the history of why Americans put periods and commas inside of quotation marks - like "this." Instead of "this". This is a fairly hot topic as far as I'm concerned, and anyone that agrees starts off on my good side.

So there you have it. Hyperlink away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home