Monday, April 04, 2005

An Explanation of the Links Provided Here

I think I need to begin explaining a particular section of Positive Mode - the Links section you see to your right (I think it may remain to your immediate right only while this particular post is on the main page, before it is relegated to the Archive section (this may not be the case, but I thought I would call this to the reader's attention because I like to think of this as a blog for new blog-readers, by a new blog-writer (also there may never be an Archive due to this site withering on the vine, although at this point I am starting to believe it may last (was this a proper use of the world "relegate"? This is an often misused word. (I also apologize for any confusion that may arise out of this abnormal number of parentheses; it's a stylistic experiment I am undertaking and would appreciate feedback on its effectiveness.))))).

The first link, to GoogleNews, was not chosen by me and I might take it off soon. While GoogleNews is an interesting site, it is still in its Beta version and as yet does not do as good a job of filtering and ordering news stories as the human editors of the Mainstream Media. Google is extremely good at at least one thing, but the news is not that thing. Still, if you have not used GoogleNews, I recommend trying it once in a while.

The Saved By The Bell Blog is a wonderful site, particularly for fans of that show. It also happens to be hosted by the same benificient provider of free blog services that hosts PositiveMode. It essentially consists of episode reviews (more correctly, recaps) by a few loyal fans, and for those of you who, like me, have been waking up early for the past year to watch two episodes on TBS at 7am Eastern, these recaps provide a nice humorous spin on the already humorous aforementioned show (and for those who don't care to wake up that early and don't have TiVo, they are an passable substitute for watching the show, which I assure you is quite a compliment).

The third, cfgred, is a blog by a person you may or may not know, Chen Fong Goh, and provides a truly fascinating journey into the author's life and mind. I think you will enjoy it, though I don't want to color your first impression of it by saying more at this point. I suspect his blog could become a minor thread of conversation on this blog. Also, I need to credit cfgred for planting the seed that grew into PositiveMode: were it not for my desire to post a minor comment on that blog, coupled with blogspot's requirement that I register for my own blog to post on that one, what you are reading now would quite likely have never existed. Fortuna wobbles at times, it seems.

So far I have withheld placing too many links in the Links section, mostly because I remain uncertain of the consequences of haphazard blog-linking. As I become more confident in this realm, I promise to provide links to many of the web locations I find fascinating or even just mildly amusing. In many cases, I will call attention to the addition of such links in this, the main text section of the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home