Friday, April 22, 2005

Ask Why?

First, it virtually always irritates me when a writer places a question mark where it doesn't belong. I saw this news story about Enron (it's actually what I think is a movie review (i have decided from this point forward to read nothing but the Entertainment News (a shameless wing of the MSM, as they say)) but for the primary reason of my only reading entertainment news it reads like a news story to me) and it occured to me that Enron might very well have used the phrase "Ask Why?" - the question mark included because sometimes people do such stupid things. And plus, I would expect the sophisticated folks at Enron to have been able to pull off such a grammatical stunt.

In the end, I've never really gotten over the fact that in church choir as a younger person (Anti-P.C. Angry Youthful-Conservative Folk insert "kid") I had to sing a song called "I Wonder Why?" (the question mark, of course, is not added now for emphasis, but is rather the all-too-real punctuation that so crossed me). Who wrote that infernal title? The song wasn't even that bad, but for real!

Second, well, I think that's enough for now. Watch The Office. It's fun.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger NegativeMode said...

your retarded

 

Post a Comment

<< Home