Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Headline: GoogleNews Aggrandizes Self

I fear that this post alone may someday disqualify me from what appears to be an unbelievably wondrous advancement in the march of technology, and at risk of dwelling too long on the relatively minor site that is GoogleNews, I have to call into question what GoogleNews claims to be a sort of egalitarian, automated, non-human-intervention approach (a seeming bold-faced lie which you can read about HERE).

At the top of the Sci/Tech news: "Google to start - video blogging -". As fascinating as this sounds, 1) I, for one, am not ready for such an advancement in the earliest days of my budding career as a blogosphericist, and 2) Can this really be a top headline? If you read the article, available HERE, you will be none too impressed by Google's so-called plan to video blog.

My first recommendation: if you have not yet linked to the above stories, DO NOT DO SO. I provided them because it seemed to make sense and I felt I had to, in my role as a blogger. I actually wanted to cancel this whole post, but once you've committed two paragraphs to writing it is a difficult thing to just click the "x" in the upper right-hand corner like some typewriter-utilizing-old-time novelist frustratedly throwing a crumpled-up piece of paper in the metal mesh trash can at deskside (or in some cases, in the far corner of the room). My biggest regret is that for you, the reader, to know all this about this failed post you had to read this far...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home