Monday, June 20, 2005

In Simpler Terms...

Comments have suggested that readers prefer a more concrete, linear approach to reading PositiveMode. If you didn't find yourself closer to enlightenment upon confronting the previous three posts, here is a simpler, condensed version, in blog-order (that is to say, reverse chronological order):

1. Gossip columnists, almost universally, employ a weird style (and frequently utilize ellipses between stories), and often write about stupid things, usually having to do with out-of-town celebrities who have been spotted at popular locations
-1a. I saw Mark Cuban, Dirk Nowitsky, and Chris Ferguson in Las Vegas last weekend
-1b. Wynn Las Vegas turns out to be quite uninspired, and no one was there. When it ultimately fails, Tony Gwynn might buy it because he can just tack on a "G", and it's his!
-1c. It's funny how gossip columnists always put names in bold; note the subtle contrast to the way bloggers hyperlink important subjects of their blog

2. I saw Seinfeld while I was in Vegas. He was very funny, but Tom Papa, the opening act, was funnier

3. I'm not sure if I ever blogged about carrying a casket at a synagogue in St. Thomas last April, but that happened, and now I'm mentioning it
-3a. I was reminded of that occasion while watching Jackass: The Movie (because of an episode of Jackass where a casket falls out of the back of a hearse and a fake corpse emerges)
-3b. I had actually started that post while doing internet research on Wally George (who I discovered died in 2003) and I thought he deserved mention on PositiveMode, but I got caught up in the casket business, also a worthy blog topic
-3c. Recently, Port McClellan had blogged on a Southern California broadcasting icon, so I referred to that post

Reader Note: With respect to the ellipses used in the title to this post, please note that I only used that punctuational device after some contemplation of whether it was appropriate here (often, I think, people use these too carelessly, primarily in email).

Another Note: For those displeased with the quality of the posts made around the three-o'clock AM hour of this past Sunday, bear in mind that this is the time period out of which PositiveMode posts are often most likely to come these days, at least ones with hyperlinks (highspeed internet at home is coming soon, but alas, not the more advanced Blogger features)(note, for instance, the lack of hyperlinks in this post).

Regardless, I appreciate your opinions and readership. Both are vital, respectively, to PositiveMode's furious pursuit of the Truth (thoughtfully offered opinions affect the furiousness of the pursuit, while readership is vital to the meaning of the ultimate message). That being said, PositiveMode is still, in many ways (humbly) simply a blog about Nothing.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am guilty of ellipses abuse...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home